Friday, February 11, 2011

VARK (Edwin Pimentel)

UNIVERSIDAD TECNOLOGICA DE EL SALVADOR



Faculty of Social sciences
Licenciature of English






Management of Technological Resources for the Teaching and Administration of the English





VARK





Professor: Martín Ulises Aparicio Morataya




Student: Edwin Alexander Pimentel Cardoza























INTRODUCTION




In this work we will find information about VARK, but what for? The purpose of this report is basically that the learners know about the different preferences of learning, such as VARK, Visual, UAural; Read/Write, Kinesthetic, the learner will find out about his/her learning preference by fulfilling a questionnaire that will give the result immediately.


Let’s see the definition of VARK

Vark is a questionnaire that provides users with a profile of their learning preferences. These preferences are about the ways that they want to take in and take out information.















I have a multimodal (ARK) learning preference.
Well I have a variety of styles, basically this will help me to adapt in different teaching styles, I really like this because I understand that everybody has a different style and likes people to adapt their way since I am multi learning style, I easily adapt to the teachers way of teaching, and as a teacher I do have to understand that my students have different style of learning so I could teach using different teaching styles as well.
This I my combination style RKAV
Study Strategies (these were selected according to my own result and analysis)

The VARK Questionnaire Results : Visual: 2; Aural: 4; Read/Write: 5; Kinaesthetic: 4
INTAKE SWOT - Study without tears OUTPUT
Aural= - attend classes
- discuss topics
- explain new ideas to other people
- use a tape recorder
- remember the interesting examples, stories, jokes...
- leave spaces in your notes for later recall and 'filling' - Convert your "notes" into a learnable package by reducing them (3:1)
- Put your summarized notes onto tapes and listen to them.
- Read your summarized notes aloud. - Imagine talking with the examiner.
- Practice writing answers to old exam questions.

Read/ Write=7 * glossaries
* handouts
* textbooks
* readings - library
* notes (often verbatim)
* essays
* manuals (computing and laboratory) * Read your notes (silently) again and again.
* Rewrite the ideas and principles into other words.
* Organize any diagrams, graphs ... into statements, e.g. "The trend is..." * Write exam answers.
* Practice with multiple choice questions.
* Write your lists (a,b,c,d,1,2,3,4).
Kinesthetic=6 * all your senses - sight, touch, taste, smell, hearing ...
* laboratories
* field trips
* examples of principles
* lecturers who give real-life examples
* applications * Put plenty of examples into your summary. Use case studies and applications to help with principles and abstract concepts.
* Use pictures and photographs that illustrate an idea.
* Go back to the laboratory or your lab manual. * Write practice answers, paragraphs...
* Role plays the exam situation in your own room.




















Conclusion



In my opinion this test is very simple and takes me just a couple of minutes to take it and the results are given immediately, it is just wonderful how we can get valuable information about our learning preferences.

The results are just like if they have read my mind or they have been spying me, the results are totally accurate, I have been learning just like they gave me the results.

These information can be use among teachers and classmates, now we know that everybody has different styles and we have to comprehend and respect each way of learning and communicate with others, definitely in this term and from now on, I will be putting in practice these learning preferences, not only in school as a student or as a teacher, but also in home with our family members and help our relatives to understand about this learning styles, for example my nephew Kevin has difficulties with some learning preferences but that does not means that he is dumb, he is very smart as the others but has a different learning preference, this information is very important and useful that needs to be transmitted also with my colleagues at work so we can have a nicer environment at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment